Administrative officer sample resume
This free sample resume for an administrative officer has an accompanying sample administrative officer cover letter and sample administrative officer job advertisement to help you put together a winning job application.
36 Ginger St
Nyland VIC 3537
M: 0400 000 000
E: [email protected]
Highly experienced and motivated administration specialist with extensive experience working in a tertiary education setting. Looking for a stimulating role where I can apply my enthusiasm, professionalism and thorough approach to support an academic team.
Key Skills and Abilities
Excellent time management skills
Proven ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities in a busy environment and to identify urgent tasks, ensuring they are prioritised and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
Ability to work under pressure
Highly experienced at operating in high-pressure situations where I have been required to carry out complex tasks within a short timeframe. I have experience processing highly technical information, and I remain calm and maintain a high standard of work when under pressure.
Administrative Officer, Research Integrity Office
University of Victoria
- Manage administration tasks for Committee meetings, including compiling agendas, recording minutes and drafting correspondence based on meeting outcomes.
- Document and file ethics applications submitted by researchers and maintain an up-to-date database of Committee outcomes, grant applications and reporting information
- Update website content using custom-built content management system
- Reconcile expenses and payment of office accounts
- Process questions from Research staff and provide answers to their queries in an accurate and timely manner
- Conduct inspections of office premises to ensure facilities comply with OH&S standards
- Suggested and successfully implemented TRIM electronic filing system, leading to an almost entirely paperless office
- Implemented an effective system of digitally recording meeting minutes and filing these entries, boosting accuracy and efficiency
- Suggested and obtained first aid kits for the office to ensure OH&S compliance
Administrative Officer, Royal Prince Harry Hospital
- Provided administrative assistance to several hospital committees and sub-committees
- Drafted correspondence based on committees’ meeting outcomes and generated correspondence and reports to satisfy annual reporting requirements
- Documented the receipt of official documents and filed them efficiently before updating the hospital database with new information
- Maintained computer records of grants awarded to staff
- Maintained office equipment and supply of general stationery, and ordered repairs and servicing of machinery as required
- Answered department telephone in a polite and professional manner, directing calls where appropriate and taking and delivering accurate messages
- Overhauled the office filing system to gain easier access to records and increase efficiency
- Trained office staff in the use of this streamlined system
2010 Spendvision Expense Management System
2010 Content Management Systems for Database Administrators
2007 Medical Terminology Course – Royal Prince Harry Hospital
Available upon request.
Need to get your Career ship-shape?
Then a Career Coach is a great place to start.
Greg Faherty is a Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) and the owner of two success...
Kathy Keshemberg has assisted job seekers and career changers successfully achieve their g...
As Director of ECM Consulting, I have over 15 years’ extensive experience in professiona...
Professional Resumes | Cover Letters | Selection Criteria | Virtual Assistance | Secretari...
Hayden is the founder of Australia's top rated Resume & Cover Letter writing service, ...
I look forward to working with you. I have been developing, designing and delivering peopl...
12 years of experience in writing resumes and cover letters that get read and get intervie...
Interview Winning Professional Resumes | Cover Letters | Selection Criteria | Government A...