Arts administrator job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for an arts administrator has an accompanying arts administrator sample resume and arts administrator sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
Now in its 5th year, the Arts Troppo Festival (ATF) is the northern territory’s premier arts and culture festival, drawing artists and performers from around the globe. Our vision is to nurture and celebrate all forms of visual, digital and performing arts in Australia’s fastest growing arts hub.
To achieve this, ATF aims to engage our audiences, supporters and the creative community to deliver an outstanding annual festival. Each year, the festival showcases arts, theatre events, films, speakers, music, forums and poetry.
ATF is looking for an experienced, skilled and driven arts administrator to contribute to this fast-growing event. This is a challenging but highly rewarding role for the right candidate. It provides an opportunity to contribute significantly to this cornerstone arts event in the territory, and to the Australian arts scene generally.
- Help develop and deliver the organisation's strategic business plan
- Work with the marketing team to build the ATF brand and implement a marketing strategy that broadens ATF’s audience
- Seek sustainable sponsorship and funding from federal, territory and local governments, and community and industry organisations
- ? Manage ATF’s human and financial resources
- Negotiate contracts with artists and performers ?
- Support the Programming Manager to curate arts programs
- Organise and promote events and exhibitions ?
- Arrange and coordinate sound and lighting, stage management and security, box office sales, publications, PR and catering ?
- Ensure corporate and legal requirements are complied with
- Report to the Board of Directors, and write briefings and post-event evaluation
You will need:
- Suitable tertiary qualifications in arts/business/marketing/events/project management
- Demonstrated experience working in the arts industry, in business/policy development, administration and/or marketing roles
- Experience in the development and implementation of business plans, and establishing frameworks for setting and achieving strategic and financial targets
- Capacity to develop and work to budgets
- Excellent organisational and relationship-building skills
- Highly developed teamwork skills, including ability to work collaboratively with and encourage a volunteer workforce
- Demonstrated negotiation skills to secure financial and artistic partnerships
- Strong communication, public speaking and media liaison skills
- An understanding of the opportunities and challenges that a festival like ATF faces
If this sounds like an opportunity not to be missed, please send your resume and cover letter to Dusty Feather, Festival Director, Arts Troppo Festival: [email protected]