Arts administrator resume
This free sample resume for an arts administrator has an accompanying sample arts administrator cover letter and sample arts administrator job advertisement to help you put together a winning job application.
75 Louvre Rd
Hitchings NSW 2395
T: (02) 6494 7315
M: 0470 255 310
I am a qualified and professional arts administrator, with experience in both festivals and theatre. An exceptionally organised manager with excellent communication skills, financial nous and a strong ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, I have an appreciation of the vital role of the arts in the community. It is my goal to work for a respected arts organisation where I can continue to make an important contribution to Australia’s cultural landscape.
Arts Administrator, Fourth Wall Theatre
Fourth Wall is a beloved cultural theatre icon in Sydney.
- Organise and promote new productions
- Help to develop and implement the theatre’s creative vision and strategic marketing, including using online media
- Seek sponsorship and funding from governments, community groups and industry
- Write funding applications
- Negotiate contracts with artists and performers
- Coordinate sale of publications and public relations
- Manage budget preparation
- Send out press releases and act as media liaison
- Oversaw period of increased theatre attendance, up 20% in 2011
- Facilitated a twofold increase in media coverage in 2011
- Secured a 15% increase in government funding
- Contributed significantly to theatre’s new branding and creative direction
Arts Administrator, Here Now Arts Festival
The Here Now Arts Festival is a renowned arts event on the NSW South Coast showcasing national and international performers and artists.
- Help to develop festival program in conjunction with festival team/management
- Work with marketing team to create unified brand vision
- Create partnerships with local key industry organisations
- Negotiate contracts with writers, thinkers, performers, musicians, dancers, researchers, visual artists and media personalities
- Organise sound, lighting and stage management contracts
- Liaise with local and international media
- Document budget and report to festival board
- Create a positive, supportive and fun work environment for all staff
- Ensure festival working conditions consistently comply with all regulatory requirements
- Negotiated a 30% increase in funding for second and third years
Reading, wine tasting and salsa dancing.
|Grant Darling |
Fourth Wall Theatre
T: 5382 2127
|Arthur Happens |
Here Now Performing Arts Festival
T: (02) 3409 0200