Assistant architect job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for an assistant architect has an accompanying assistant architect sample resume and assistant architect sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
SkyLine is currently seeking expressions of interest for a junior role within our architectural design and planning team. Specialising in design, environmental and ecological planning and economic development, we strive to create practical solutions that promote sustainable land use, and enhance quality of life.
The ideal candidate is an architecture graduate with a high level of competency and strong academic results. The following criteria are also vital:
- A professional qualification (M. Arch or B. Arch) from an accredited institution
- A working knowledge of the standard methods, materials, tools and equipment employed in building and facilities construction
- Proficiency with three-dimensional modelling software, preferably SketchUp (familiarity with Rhino is also ideal)
- Experience with rendering software
- A solid background with two-dimensional graphics software eg Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of AutoCad (2010)
- Some experience using Autodesk Revit
Desirable personal attributes:
- Accuracy and precision
- Excellent presentation skills
- Accountability for assigned work
- Ability to articulately express ideas
- Exceptional computer/software competency
- The desire to work in a team-based project environment
Our studio is fun, fast-paced and exciting, handling projects that vary widely in type, scope and complexity. We are looking for a person who wants to apply their passion and enthusiasm for architectural design and planning in a collaborative and progressive work environment.
Applicants should include a cover letter, resume and project samples with their application. Submissions should be forwarded to Bill Ditt, HR Manager; firstname.lastname@example.org