Business development manager sample job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for a business development manager has an accompanying business development manager sample resume and business development manager sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
Business Development Manager, REF: 35GG
Thompson and Shore is an internationally recognised leader in the fields of concrete, quarries, transport, composite fibre technologies, steel reinforcing and concrete pumping services. We are one of the strongest players in mine/plant fabrication and maintenance.
Due to our rapid growth in Australia and abroad, an exciting opportunity with this booming business awaits the right candidate. This is a dynamic, fast-paced and friendly environment that will suit an energetic and strategic thinker with clear vision and solid networking and communication skills. This is an opportunity to join a respected company at the senior management level.
You'll work as a trusted and integral team member reporting directly to the Director of Strategy, responsible for researching new business opportunities and finding new clients, leveraging the company reputation and your own industry contacts to best effect.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Forging and maintaining strong relationships with key contacts in existing and new accounts
- Developing opportunities to cross-sell products to existing clients
- Tender writing and submissions
- Maintaining an accurate and ongoing sales pipeline
- Strategic brainstorming and implementation of new business development initiatives
- Developing and leveraging the company’s branding and professional profile
You will need:
- Minimum four years of previous experience in a BDM or project management role within the engineering or mining industries
- A proven ability to plan, develop and execute business development strategies
- Experience in risk analysis
- A good understanding of contract law
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Proven ability to develop and implement B2B sales strategies
- Excellent communication, listening and presentation skills
- Strong background in negotiating, tendering and estimating
- A degree in engineering is preferred, but not essential
Our fast-paced and supportive environment will offer you lots of benefits, including a competitive salary, a friendly team, flexible working arrangements, and opportunities for training and development. This is a challenging role that will deliver great rewards to the right applicant.
If this sounds like the right place and position for you, please send your resume to: Graeme Mitchell, HR Director, Thompson and Shore, email@example.com or phone on (02) 6262 3838.