Engineering manager sample resume
This free sample resume for an engineering manager has an accompanying sample engineering manager cover letter and sample engineering manager job advertisement to help you put together a winning job application.
101 Calavera Ave
Chetswood NSW 2500
M: 0400 000 000
An industrial engineer with over 13 years’ experience in automotive manufacturing and mining operations, I have extensive senior management experience in large organisations with operations around the globe. My strengths lie in strategy, business development, improving efficiency of operations and relationship-building.
Skills and Abilities
Management and leadership
Years of working in manufacturing and engineering at a senior level have given me excellent interpersonal, management and leadership skills. I am able to take responsibility and lead a wide range of projects with full accountability.
Strategy and project management
High-level problem-solving and decision-making, combined with extensive knowledge of economic value analysis, allows me to implement appropriate strategies for product costing and system improvements.
Computer and program skills
|Six Sigma||Q1 quality|
|Statistical Process Control (SPC)||Microsoft Excel|
|Kanban scheduling systems||Microsoft Word|
|ISO 9000:1994 and 2000||Impact and SAP systems|
|VDA 6 quality system||Injection mould tooling|
Maintenance and Engineering Manager, MWB Extraction Pty Ltd
- Building a culture of empowerment and delivery by implementing systems to sustain production improvements.
- Managing $70 million budget with a focus on ensuring availability of plant and mobile equipment.
- Supervising the safe and efficient logistical chain of ore movement from mine to port to ship through logistical processes and maintenance of road trains.
- Managing a team of over 250 staff.
- Ensuring the department meets operational requirements for major expansion projects.
- Managing the port stockpile area through regular maintenance of port conveyors, equipment and wharf materials.
- Restructured and reorganised maintenance activities for the port site while increasing maintenance compliance and execution by 11 per cent.
- Reduced downtime and lost time by 18 per cent through clarification of roles and accountability.
- Increased productivity by realigning systems and focusing resources in the appropriate areas.
- Aligned business plans and linked key performance indicators to relevant milestones.
General Manager; Manufacturing Division, Titanic Automotive
- Managed four large manufacturing factories.
- Ensured quality product, sequenced delivery and optimisation of manufacturing facilities.
- Ensured budgets were met and targets were achieved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provided strategic leadership while implementing a rollout of Lean production practices and ensured a stable platform for consistency.
- Correlated statistics and benchmarks to identify issues in the production process.
- Grew annual turnover by $94 million by applying value stream analysis to identify problem areas and implementing appropriate strategies.
Manager; Manufacturing Department, Domo Electrics
- Provided regular support to the production department and liaised with research and development teams to ensure consistency across the organisation.
- Re-calculated standard production times and re-balanced all products and lines to reduce pull-through time of product and increase efficiency.
- Managed industrial engineering, test and measurement, production engineering, maintenance and continuous improvement engineering departments.
- Monitored and controlled human resource issues, including staff downtime and absenteeism.
- Increased reliability of all measuring equipment through effective management of production systems.
Senior Production Engineer, Domo Electrics
- Controlled and maintained manufacturing expense budgets and capital expense budgets.
- Conducted and maintained accurate product costing, time studies and line balancing.
- Resolved product, system and procedural issues across the organisation.
- Performed regular internal audits to maintain lean production methods and processes.
Education and Professional Development
Available upon request.
Popular Course Searches
- civil engineering courses
- types of engineering degrees
- night study engineering
- engineering off campus degree
- engineers associate degree
- open learning engineering degree
- part time engineering degree courses
- bachelor sound production melbourne
- entry level electrical engineering courses
- online bachelor of electrical engineering
- post production audio courses brisbane qld
- study a associate degree in engineering qld australia
- brisbane engineering classes
- bachelors degree in civil engineering
- civil engineering education adelaide