Finance manager resume
15 Stakeholder Lane
Abacus County NSW 2123
P: (02) 9988 7766
M: 0400 987 654
E: [email protected]
Corporate accounting professional with extensive experience across a wide range of companies. Highly adept at the implementation and management of accounting systems and procedures.
Core Skills and Abilities
Corporate accounting skills and knowledge
Ability to compile, verify, analyse, interpret and disseminate critical financial data (actual, forecast and budgeted) to all major stakeholders and in multiple currencies. Experienced in acquisition accounting and mergers, competent in statutory reporting and tax related tasks.
Successful implementation, analysis and management of new accounting systems and procedures, including systems integration and staff training.
Communication and leadership skills
Communicate effectively to build relationships both internally and externally, develop strategic partnerships and provide advice at all levels of management. Proactive leadership style to meet strict deadlines and maintain a team under pressure.
Finance Manager, Zefside Incorporated
Zefside Inc is a US-based company with a broad portfolio of manufacturing products and a powerful pipeline. (Revenues of the Australian company AUD$100 million per annum.)
- Prepare and submit the group’s monthly financial results, budget and quarterly rolling forecasts and complete the reporting requirements to the parent company
- Perform detailed account analysis and corporate month-end processing and reporting
- Maintain the general ledger, ensuring compliance with Australian GAAP
- Prepare the annual FBT and company tax return
- Review the monthly Business Activity Statements and review all monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Monitor stock levels and perform inventory reconciliations
- Supervise the annual audits (internal and external)
- Review and make decisions on credit limits of new and existing customers
- Review and authorise the weekly accounts payable run
- Liaise with corporate office and local brokers for company insurance policies
- Improve existing processes and streamline workflows
- Load figures into Hyperion and Product Data Warehouse
Finance Analyst/Financial Accountant, Sigur Pty Ltd
- Managed the corporate finance tasks including all financial, management and statutory accounting and reporting
- Prepared and interpreted the actual monthly financial statements, forecasts, budgets and 5-year plans and reviewed the balance sheet reconciliations
- Managed intercompany processes and monitored KPIs
- Prepared documentation to assist with preparing legislative and statutory returns, including income tax, FBT and BAS returns
- Prepared statutory reporting and liaised with auditors on the year-end audit
- Supervised back office operations including management of staff
- Managed, reviewed, evaluated, selected and implemented group consolidation and group OLAP applications
- Maintained and administered the corporate financial accounting system (Oracle Financials)
- Prepared, maintained and developed the corporate section of group policies and procedures
Finance Manager, Power-One Energy Solutions
- Prepared monthly management accounts and performed general ledger reconciliations
- Prepared the weekly and monthly payroll and all related PAYG, superfund, payroll tax and annual returns, including group tax certificates
- Prepared reports summarising the forecast company business activity and financial position and completed FBT and BAS returns
- Determined depreciation rates to apply to capital assets
- Supervised employees in the Finance and Administration Department and was responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this unit
- Coordinated the preparation of year-end statutory accounts and tax return
- Established and maintained relations with banks and other financial institutions
- Prepared reports required by regulatory agencies and arranged for audits of company accounts
Corporate Accountant, Ragazzi Group
- Reviewed and compiled financial data from 40 companies worldwide including balance sheets, profit and loss statements, treasury reports, budgets and forecasts
- Prepared and reviewed variance, cash flow and KPI reports
- Produced the year-end financial statements according to accepted US and Australian accounting principles
- Performed FAS109 tax reporting
- Controlled the Treasury function for the group
Ongoing professional development through courses in auditing, accounting and computing:
2011 – Applied tax course
2010 – Diploma of Quality Auditing
2009 – Payroll tax workshop
2002 – MYOB Accounting
2000 – Hyperion Training computer course
1995 – Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- BPCS – SSA (Business Planning and Control System)
- MIS-Enterprise Resource Planning System
Available upon request.
Need to get your Career ship-shape?
Then a Career Coach is a great place to start.
Greg Faherty is a Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) and the owner of two success...
Professional Resumes | Cover Letters | Selection Criteria | Virtual Assistance | Secretari...
Hayden is the founder of Australia's top rated Resume & Cover Letter writing service, ...
Interview Winning Professional Resumes | Cover Letters | Selection Criteria | Government A...