Flying instructor sample resume
This free sample resume for a Flying instructor has an accompanying Flying instructor sample cover letter and Flying instructor sample job advertisement to help you put together a winning job application.
22 London Street
Cloverville NSW 2121
M: 0400 000 000
H: (02) 1010 1010
A dedicated and hard-working aircrew supervisor looking to extend my managerial experience in the aviation industry. With a background in safety, I have a broad understanding of OH&S procedures and policies, HR duties and responsibilities, and experience in instructing and training exercises and drills.
- Instruct pilots in basic handling
- Oversee flight training and operations
- Conduct annual Instrument and Proficiency evaluations
- Manage airline recruitment process
- Streamlined aircrew recruitment process from 10 weeks to 6 weeks
- Implemented a three-stage flight training drill system
- Organised aircrew charity event which raised $10,000 for the Royal Flying Doctor Service
- Performed safety investigations
- Conducted department inductions
- Managed the Aircrew Risk Management Program
- Assisted in the promotion of a safe culture and workplace
- Coordinated Accident Prevention and Flight Safety Programs
- Managed auditing and investigation of safety matters
- Installed an Email Management System to effectively distribute safety bulletins to all relevant personnel
- Organised an aviation security protocol information evening for all safety officers in the district
- Changed the incident reporting system to online, which reduced processing time by 40% and increased report accuracy by 20%
- Monitored all crew sign-ons and ensured crew coverage
- Advised aircrew of flight details
- Managed crew paxing
- Liaised with Rostering and Crew Planning to organise and manage training sessions and requirements
- Reported to the Operations Manager
- Increased roster satisfaction amongst staff and as a result, decreased shift swapping and absenteeism
- Assisted in flight evacuation and administered first aid
- Observed aircraft arrivals and departures
- Participated in organised drills for fire control and rescue work
- Conducted fire safety inspections
- Operated the fire control centre at airports
- CASA pilot’s licence
- CASA grade 2 Instructor
- Senior First Aid Certificate
Four years experience in a managerial position, specialising in aircrew supervision, with a strong focus on staff training and development. I have a practical leadership approach and enjoy working closely with teams to ensure employee and employer satisfaction.
Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated in every professional and personal relationship. I communicate effectively with students, colleagues, management and passengers in a range of situations encompassing instruction, consultation, liaison, negotiation, conflict resolution and crisis management.
Strong skills in flight training and instruction, coupled with qualifications in training and assessment. Extensive repertoire of fun yet effective, tried-and-tested training drills and exercises.
Safety and First Aid
Strong understanding of safety and first aid procedures and practices and extensive experience in OH&S.
2004 – Present: Volunteer Fire Fighter Sky Services
Since leaving my job as an Aviation Fire Fighter with Sky Services, I have stayed on as a volunteer fire fighter during fire season.
| Terry Blaze - Crew Manager|
Phone:(02) 9000 0000
| Petra Wing - HR Manager|
Phone:(02) 9999 0000