Games programmer sample job advertisment
This sample job advertisement for a games programmer has an accompanying games programmer sample resume and games programmer sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
- Fantastic working environment
- Minimum 5 years experience in games development and/or 3 shipped titles
- Central CBD location
Are you passionate about quality games? Do you thrive on good coding? Want to be part of an outstanding team creating games that will change the world?
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced programmer, ideally from a gaming background. You will interact closely with the design and art teams, focusing on server side development, systems architecture and game applications. You will have the opportunity to work with a well-known and award-winning Australian game developer. Please provide examples of any game titles or online games you have been involved in creating.
Your responsibilities in this role include:
- Overseeing projects with producer
- Meeting deadlines
- Managing team of programmers
- Communicating with all other departments
- Writing high quality source code
- Working with designers to implement gameplay and user interface elements to the designers’ specifications
- Ensuring the game is compliant with manufacturer’s guidelines for the relevant platforms
- Checking that the game functions correctly on the relevant platforms
- Debugging code issues related to cross-platform differences
- Liaising with publishers and hardware manufacturers as required
- Liaising with Quality Assurance to fix bugs
- Maintaining stability of development environment for entire development team
- Working with producer and lead artist to deal with day-to-day publisher issues
- Performing other tasks as requested
You will need:
- Strong C and C++ programming skills
- Strong 3D programming and mathematics skills
- Thorough understanding of game production process
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of in-house tools
- Thorough knowledge of all build processes
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and cover letter to GameWorks’ HR Manager, David Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org.