Government graduate officer sample job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for a graduate officer position in a government department has a sample resume and cover letter as well as sample selection criteria responses specifically written for this position to help you put together a winning job application.
Graduate Officer, APS3
45K salary plus benefits
The Australian Efficiency Department is looking for Graduate Officers (6 positions).
The Australian Efficiency Department (AED) enforces and regulates the efficiency and productivity of other government departments.
Graduates can choose from five streams:
General – Law, Commerce, Accounting, Business and Economics
Rotating through different key areas of the business in your first 12 months you will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced officers and maximise your exposure and experience across AED functions.
Our program offers graduates access to a tailored development program that is a combination of on-the-job experiences and personal development. You will benefit from an extensive induction program, formal development workshops, study assistance, a mentoring program and interaction with other graduates. The development program will assist you to strengthen your technical, communication and networking skills to help you throughout your career at AED.
Please respond to the following Selection Criteria in your application.
• Demonstrated analytical and research skills
• Ability to apply academic knowledge and concepts to practical situations
• Ability to contribute ideas and demonstrate initiative and flexibility
• Sound oral and written communication skills
• Proven experience in use of information and technology
• Able to operate effectively in a team, contributing positively to team operations and working relationships
• High standards of integrity, including an understanding of OH&S, equity and diversity
AED is an equal opportunity employer.
For a Job Application Kit, please go to www.aed.gov.au/job_application _kit
Contact Joanne Smith on 02 0000 0000 for more information.