Government promotions officer job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for a government promotions officer position has a government promotions officer sample resume and government promotions officer sample cover letter, as well as sample selection criteria responses specifically written to help you put together a winning job application.
Health promotion project manager
Job Ref: NBJ 337
The Georgeville Drug and Alcohol Council (GDAC) is a community-based government organisation dedicated to serving the community by preventing and managing drug abuse and alcoholism. GDAC is dynamic, outcome focused, responsive to community needs, and committed to volunteerism and the pursuit of excellence in all its activities.
We are looking for a full-time health promotion project manager for our Prevention and Early Detection Unit.
- Delivery and development of drug and alcohol education programs and resources for health professionals and the community
- Co-ordination of public awareness and special event activities in support of preventing drug- and alcohol-related illness
- Assisting with the implementation of the Get Unhooked Program including program promotion, evaluation and administration
- Ongoing liaison with GDAC’s local branches and external community groups
- Working collaboratively and consultatively with the Community Services Department in pursuit of the overall organisation missions
Qualifications and experience
- A minimum of five years experience in a related health field
- Qualifications in health promotion, public health, communications, education or a related field
- Experience in program management and/or experience in health promotion is essential
- Understanding of, and experience in, consultation and networking within communities
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Proven ability to promote and represent the activities and interests of an organisation within the community
- Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Proven ability to organise, manage and prioritise multiple tasks
- Experience in the management, training and support of volunteers is desirable
In your application, you must include the following:
- Current Resume
- Selection Criteria Statement.
In your statement, you must address how you meet each selection criteria. You need to demonstrate how your experience fills the criteria. Saying you meet it is not enough.
Please send applications by August 30 to:
Adriana Glover – HR Coordinator
Georgeville Drug and Alcohol Council
2 High Street Georgeville NSW 2345