Government records manager sample job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for a government records manager has an accompanying government records manager sample resume and government records manager sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
Government Records Manager
A current vacancy exists at the NSW Register of Births, Deaths and Unions for a Records Manager.
Reporting to the Documentation Manager, you will deliver an efficient customer-directed and cost-effective records management service to clients.
Bring your energy, motivation and experience in the management of information to this busy role. As the Records Manager you will coordinate and promote the effective use of public information, and develop and maintain policies and procedures while managing a small team.
- Implement the procedures, policies, standards and guidelines of departmental records & database management services
- Develop, administer and monitor the archives database
- Assist in the development of electronic document management systems to improve delivery of RM/DM services
- Manage activities for mail scanning and the reduction of on-site paper records storage
- Manage the RM/DM budget
- Coordinate RM/DM/Library training programs for personnel
- Maintain and update the department’s internal intranet system
- Previous RM or DM experience (minimum four years) ideally within a government department
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in contemporary information management practices, resources and methodologies, including SSDs
- Familiarity with the State Records Act and understanding of the legislative and compliance framework for government records management
- Solid understanding of AS ISO 15489
- Experience in development and implementation of retention schedules
- Experience in managing budgets
- Experience in supervising, managing and training a team
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office
Please send your resume and cover letter to Cathy Egan, Project Manager, NSW Register of Births, Deaths and Unions, at [email protected].