Graduate geologist job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for a geologist graduate has an accompanying geologist graduate sample resume and geologist graduate sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
Junior exploration geologist
The team at GLD Mine Resources have the opportunity to explore the highly prospective Bluestone Belt, and are seeking an extremely motivated Graduate Exploration Geologist to assist in the implementation of our exploration activities.
Within this role you will be reporting to the senior geologist as well as carrying out a variety of additional tasks, including:
- Supervising exploration programs, including soil/log sampling and drilling
- Conducting geological logging of Aircore, RC and Diamond drilling
- Ensuring drilling is completed to appropriate standards in a cost effective and safe manner
- Assisting with the interpretation of geological/geochemical data
- Completing Programs of Work and submitting to the relevant government department for approval prior to commencing exploration drilling activities
- Working with Senior Geologists to design exploration programs
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A degree in Geology, Geoscience or Science (with Geology Major)
- A working knowledge of MapInfo/Discover, Micromine, or other GIS Packages
- Previous experience in mineral exploration
- Good communication skills – both oral and written
- Well-adjusted to remote areas of work
- Well organised and self-motivated
The position will operate on a rotating roster basis: two weeks on, one week off. You will be offered a competitive salary, professional development and the chance to grow with the company.
This is a ‘golden’ opportunity, not to be missed. Please forward your cover letter and resume to Leo Kenny, HR Manager – [email protected]