Insurance claims officer sample job ad
This sample job advertisement for a Insurance claims officer has an accompanying Insurance Claims Officer sample resume and Insurance Claims Officer sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
Insurance Claims Officer, REF: 35GG
Surething is an internationally recognised leader in the provision of general insurance products. Due to our rapid growth in Australia and abroad, an exciting opportunity with this booming risk management company awaits the right candidate. This is a dynamic, fast-paced and friendly environment that will suit an energetic and strategic thinker with clear vision and solid communication skills.
Reporting to the team leader, your role will be the end-to-end management of a portfolio of insurance claims across all products and lines, to deliver optimal company outcomes and swift resolution for our clients – so they can get on with their lives after a loss. You’ll develop a management plan for new claims, regularly monitoring each case for potential fraud. This role provides excellent exposure within the insurance industry, and an opportunity to further develop your claims management skills.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Determine liability of claims
- Promptly advise clients of decisions
- Deny claims where applicable
- Liaise with repairers or suppliers when needed
- Manage, prepare and assess claims and request claim requirements
- Develop and implement creative solutions to selected claims, while adhering to policy definitions and regulations
- Establish and maintain relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
You will need to be:
- Determine liability of claims
- Driven with a positive attitude
- Flexible, approachable, enthusiastic and eager to exceed expectations
- Able to work in fast-paced environments
- Have a strong understanding of relevant regulatory and legislative requirements
- Have customer service and/or general insurance experience, with a high level of professionalism when dealing with clients and colleagues
- Have outstanding time management skills
- Have strong computer skills and a high attention to detail
- Able to work in a cooperative manner with other team members and departments
- Have good technical skills including MS Word, Outlook and Excel
You will have experience in handling a portfolio of claims, however candidates with any insurance background will also be considered. A degree or diploma in financial services or general insurance is favourable but not compulsory.
Our fast-paced and supportive environment will offer you lots of benefits, including a competitive salary, a friendly team, flexible working arrangements, and many opportunities for training and fast-tracked development. This is a challenging role that will deliver great rewards to the right applicant.
If you have a passion for providing fantastic customer service and you want a challenging role with an enthusiastic team, please send your resume to: Carl Accident, HR Director, Surething, [email protected] or phone on (02) 6200 0000.
Need to get your Career ship-shape?
Then a Career Coach is a great place to start.
Professional Resumes | Cover Letters | Selection Criteria | Virtual Assistance | Secretari...
Hayden is the founder of Australia's top rated Resume & Cover Letter writing service, ...
Interview Winning Professional Resumes | Cover Letters | Selection Criteria | Government A...