Language tutor sample job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for a language tutor has an accompanying language tutor sample resume and language tutor sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
Founded in 1976, Polylingual is a private language school in Sydney’s inner west. We have an outstanding record of achievement when it comes to providing language tutoring services in a variety of languages including Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Indonesian, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Russian.
We are seeking experienced language tutors who enjoy working with motivated students at all levels for informal conversation, formal study, travel and business purposes.
- Teach small groups of 4-10 people for two-hour sessions, in addition to some one-on-one tutoring
- Teach general language skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking, as well as for specific contexts (eg travel, business)
- Record student progress and conduct assessments
- Liaise with program director to develop tailored programs
- Interact positively with clients to promote a fun, friendly and creative learning environment
- Educate clients on cultural norms and practices for their country of interest
You will need:
- Excellent command of the target language, including reading, writing, conversation, business vocabulary and cultural understanding
- A tertiary language qualification, preferably a bachelor degree
- A strong ability to motivate students and communicate teaching content creatively and effectively
- Reliability, professional personal presentation and the ability to lead classes and work unsupervised
- Ability to work a minimum of 8 hours per week, including evenings and weekends
- Prior teaching experience is desirable
If you are a qualified and passionate language tutor, send your resume to: Rosa Lupe, HR manager, Polylingual: [email protected]