Linux systems administrator - Lotus Notes job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for a Linux Systems Administrator – Lotus Notes has an accompanying Linux Systems Administrator – Lotus Notes sample resume and Linux Systems Administrator – Lotus Notes sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
Linux Systems Administrator – Lotus Notes
This global leader in business services is looking for a ‘switched on’ Systems Administrator to join their IT team. Working in a supportive team environment, you will enjoy a varied role with a wide scope of responsibilities and the opportunity for professional growth.
Your primary role will be to manage in-house computer software systems and network connections to ensure high levels of functionality and security in supported business applications. You will also participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system maintenance and improvement that is consistent with company goals, industry best practice and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software.
- Manage end user accounts, permissions and access rights in accordance with best practice regarding privacy, security and company policies.
- Perform network and security audits.
- Perform and test routine system backups and restores.
- Perform disaster recovery planning, testing and implementation.
- Recommend, schedule and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations and/or purchases.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to contracted and regional members of the team.
- Build relationships with business and product owners to discuss operational issues and ensure timely resolution.
- Maintain monitoring to allow early notification of operations faults, proactively managing client service.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with external IT teams by providing information, support, advice and SLA management.
- Monitor vendor compliance with SLAs.
- Participate in ad hoc projects.
The successful candidate will possess the following key attributes:
- Experience in systems administration and server support
- Ability and experience supporting both Microsoft Active Directory and Linux environments
- Solid experience within a Windows environment
- 2nd Level Windows Active Directory & DNS Support
- 1st Level SAP Basis Administration; you will be provided with some training
- VMWare preferred, but not essential
We are seeking a proactive, dynamic and forward thinking individual who is up-to-date with technology trends. You will be client focused and able to collaborate with and build effective relationships across many divisions. A relevant qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology or similar, is essential.
For further enquiries, or to submit your application, please contact Cynthia Simpson (HR Manager) at Wyred Computer Services, 44 Main St, Techton WA 8000; email@example.com.