Molecular biologist sample resume
This free sample resume for a molecular biologist has an accompanying sample molecular biologist cover letter and sample molecular biologist job advertisement to help you put together a winning job application.
Dr Claire Campbell
21 Rounder Street
Bourke QLD 4187
T: (07) 8222 3333
M: 0400 111 444
Molecular biologist with extensive laboratory experience, particularly in the field of RNomics – the identification and function of small non-messenger RNAs. Highly organised, with well-developed communication and a strong team spirit and time management skills. Recently returned to Australia after completing a PhD at the University of Cambridge.
Thesis topic: Molecular genetics of bacteria and their plasmids: a study of indole
as an intra-cellular messenger
Thesis topic: Molecular analysis of cell polarity and mRNA localisation in Drosophila
Research Assistant, Institute for Molecular Cell Biology
University of Sunbeams
- Studying aspects of developmental gene regulation and chromatin structure in Drosophila using microarray-based gene expression analysis and chip-on-chip
- Investigating the function of Sox-domain transcription factors in CNS and testis development, and the role of Hox proteins in morphogenesis
- Utilising a range of live-cell imaging, biochemistry, molecular biology and computational tools to determine the functional organisation of centromere domains
PhD Candidate, University of Cambridge
- Studied the role of site-specific recombination, replication and cell cycle control in the inheritance of multicopy plasmids of E. coli
- Investigated the function of Rcd (a small regulatory RNA) which stimulates indole production
- Determined the role of indole as an intra-cellular messenger regulating key aspects of the bacterial cell cycle
Ski Instructor, Hilltops Ski Lodge
- Taught beginner and intermediate ski lessons
- Developed the training course for new ski instructors
- Participated in the marketing programs for the ski lodge
- Worked with a team of other ski instructors to redesign the website for the ski lodge
- Was responsible for distributing weather reports to all staff at the ski lodge
Campbell, C., Goldsmith B., Russell, A. Cell replication in the bacterial cell cycle is adversely affected by high levels of indole. Cell, vol 353, pp 2945-57, 2011.
Faber, D., Goldsmith B., Campbell, C. The bacterial cell cycle as regulated by indole. Molecular Biology, vol 36, pp 934-52, 2010.
Goldsmith, B., Russell, A., Campbell, C. The function of Rcd as a stimulator of indole production in E. coli, a literature review. Nature, vol 435, pp 693-710, 2008.
October 2010 – Frankfurt University, Cell Division Forum (did not present)
June 2009 – Auckland University, Genome Conference. Presented a poster Cell cycle control in the inheritance of multicopy plasmids of E. coli
August 2008 – Berlin University, Cell Biology Forum. Presented a poster Is indole a key intracellular messenger for the bacterial cell cycle?
| Brian Goldsmith |
T: +44 (0) 797 9111 000
| Kate Evergreen |
Hilltops Ski Lodge
T: +1 (0) 394 9333 000