Music teacher job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for a music teacher has an accompanying music teacher sample resume and music teacher sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
Music teacher (secondary)
Crossroads is one of the state’s leading rural secondary schools. With large enrolments, small class sizes, and state of the art facilities, Crossroads has long been a natural choice for aspirational students, especially those talented in the arts, a field in which Crossroads is renowned.
Crossroads is seeking a teacher for its music department. This is a full-time position commencing August 2012.
- Teach to the music syllabuses (Years 7–10 and 11–12) to cater for students with different learning styles
- Teach highly motivated students and help them achieve excellent academic results
- Stay abreast of modern teaching practices
- Use a variety of assessment tools and tasks to accurately assess levels of student competency
- Attend relevant professional development sessions
You will need:
- Current DET registration
- Minimum 1 year of experience of secondary teaching with a Bachelor of Education/Teaching in music or performing arts
- Sound knowledge and technical skill in a variety of musical instruments
- High expectations for the learning and achievements of students
- Professional presentation
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- An engaging personality and an ability to deal with students from a wide range of backgrounds
- A desire to live and work in a rural area
If you are a qualified and passionate teacher looking to share your love of music with students who are eager to learn, send your resume through to us today.
Send your application to Heather Trombone, [email protected] Applications close 7 July 2012.
For further information and application details, visit www.crossroads.edu.au/employment.