Operations manager sample resume
This free sample resume for an operations manager has an accompanying sample operations manager cover letter and sample operations manager job advertisement to help you put together a winning job application.
12 Adelaide Rd
Swearengen SA 5725
T: 08 4444 4444
M: 0411 111 111
Dedicated and energetic operations management professional with tertiary qualifications and extensive experience managing over 60 people and 20 suppliers. Seeking a dynamic operations role with a respected organisation where I can apply my expertise to assist companies to increase productivity and achieve sustainable growth and development.
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Open Universities Australia/TAFE SA
Manager of Quality/Organisational Excellence (CMQ/QE)
Key Skills and Abilities
Extensive practical experience in training and mentoring manufacturing professionals. Effective communication skills with excellent conflict resolution ability. Experience managing teams of up to 70 people.
Occupational Health and Safety
Solid understanding of the OH&S regulations that operate within high-risk environments. Experience delivering OH&S training and working to ensure staff compliance.
Excellent ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Experience managing large projects in busy, high-risk environments. Proven ability to exceed KPIs and deliver to strategic plans within budget.
Operations Manager, Fuel Source Australia
- Ensure the smooth running of cost-efficient manufacturing processes and timely delivery of product to warehouse
- Manage a team of more than 60 personnel at various locations
- Maintain equipment and equipment register
- Develop productivity strategies and implement them on the factory floor
- Conduct continual analysis of productivity information and report to senior management
- Manage resources according to company’s shifting financial, logistic and personnel requirements
- Boosted DIFOT to over 95 per cent
- Attained 18 per cent reduction in operating costs
- Demonstrated a high commitment to safety and ensured compliance with company codes and values
- Consolidated digital financial and personnel systems, resulting in more effective operations
Strategic Manager, Oblivion
- Gathered and analysed strategic information regarding revenues, margins and operational costs, and reported findings to senior management
- Managed Profit and Loss, KPIs and OH&S requirements across eight locations and 100 employees
- Evaluated OH&S risks and ensured safety compliance for Oblivion employees as well as external contractors
- Instigated weekly reviews of the business across all locations
- Completed review of all OH&S documentation
Supply and Distribution Manager, Tranz Port Australia
- Managed supply chain processes and liaised with over 20 raw materials suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
- Oversaw Abet ISO 9001, AS 4801 & ISO 14001 accreditation and implemented OH&S procedures
- Managed transportation scheduling, inventory maintenance and quality assurance for a range of perishable and non-perishable shipping supplies, including chemicals
- Monitored quality, cost and efficiency of the movement and storage of goods
- Provided support to external customers during compliance audits
- Reduced warehouse and storage costs by 25 per cent
- Introduced appropriate IT system to manage forecasting, order placement and fulfilment, and performance evaluation
- Assisted Australian Customs in development of National Guidelines for the import and export of dangerous goods
2009 Trainer’s Certificate: Australian Institute of Dangerous Goods Transporters
2008 Dangerous Goods Security Card
2006 NSW Dangerous Goods Assessor
- Microsoft Office
Available upon request.