Project manager sample job ad
This sample job advertisement for a project manager has an accompanying project manager sample resume and project manager sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
Project Manager, REF: HGW34
GNR8 ICT is one of Australia’s fastest growing information communication technology companies, supplying local clients and emerging global markets with stress-free communication systems.
An exciting opportunity with this dynamic and fast-growing business awaits the right candidate. This is a busy, high-volume but friendly environment that will suit an organised person with a great eye for detail and plenty of team spirit.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer and other project team members, you will be adept at managing and overseeing multiple projects. You will have extensive experience in project management methodologies and technologies, and a familiarity with the full systems development lifecycle.
The project manager will help to minimise cost and implementation risks, and provide the required liaison, documentation and everyday management of projects, while ensuring that all project products and services are risk managed, budgeted effectively and delivered in a timely manner. Projects will be managed utilising Prince2 methodologies.
Our fast-paced and supportive environment will offer you lots of benefits – a competitive salary, flexible working arrangements, and opportunities for training and development.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing GNR8’s relationship with customers, vendors, contractors and other parties, by acting as the central point of contact
- Planning, executing, monitoring and closing projects
- Performing quality assurance and risk management
- Managing project team members
- Project budget and scheduling estimation and management
- Engaging with stakeholders and managing internal, external and third party relationships
- IT infrastructure, network and integration project delivery
- Conducting status review meetings with team members and clients
- Providing reports and documentation on project stage and progress
You will need:
- At least five years experience in the IT industry
- At least three years experience in a project management role
- A bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or a related field
- Experience in vendor sourcing and management
- Knowledge of industry standards in both information technology and project management
- High level of competence in using Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Endeavour project management software
- Solid stakeholder management skills with a consultative approach to engaging with clients
- Ability to manage projects of up to 12 months duration, and up to $500K revenue, with multiple suppliers
If this sounds like the right place and position for you, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your resume to: Robert Toody, HR Manager, GNR8 ICT, firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to GNR8 ICT, 80 Victoria St, Sydney NSW 2000.