Publishing assistant sample job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for a publishing assistant has an accompanying publishing assistant sample resume and publishing assistant sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
Carve, the country’s premiere skateboarding magazine, is looking for a publishing assistant to help with every aspect of production on this award-winning publication.
You must be someone brimming with ideas, energy and enthusiasm; someone with a passion for grammar, spelling and creative, original content; and someone who’s happy to get stuck in and work closely with a tight-knit, dedicated team. You need to be comfortable working to tight deadlines – and a passion for skating won’t go astray either.
- Creating and researching story ideas
- Conducting media monitoring (print and online)
- Subediting and proofreading
- Responding to customer enquiries
- Communicating with feature contributors
- Data entry
- Assisting with layout and pagination
- Picture editing and uploading
- Updating magazine website and uploading content into CMS
- Assisting with marketing operations
- Assisting with subscription and database management
- Tertiary qualifications in English, communications or editing/publishing
- Excellent oral and written language skills
- Excellent interviewing and research skills
- Solid editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Willingness to be a highly motivated and dedicated team member
If you think you’ve got the right stuff for this exciting role in publishing, send your resume and cover letter to Rex Clayton, Chief Editor, Carve Magazine: [email protected].