Publishing assistant sample resume
This free sample resume for a publishing assistant has an accompanying sample publishing assistant cover letter and sample publishing assistant job advertisement to help you put together a winning job application.
62 Content Blvd
Frontside VIC 3084
T: (03) 9999 0000
M: 0400 000 000
I am a Bachelor of Arts graduate with a professional qualification in editing and proofreading. I have exceptional writing and research skills, an excellent eye for detail, and am comfortable working to tight deadlines. Professional and goal-driven, I am seeking a role with an enthusiastic team where I can utilise and build on my publishing skills.
Certificate in Professional Editing & Proofreading
Bachelor of Arts
University of Victoria
Administrative Assistant, University of Victoria
- Provide high quality, accurate and efficient administrative support
- Input data and update records/university database
- Ensure that enquiries and information are directed to appropriate staff members/departments
- Liaise with students and handle student enquiries
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and discretion in all communications
- Work collaboratively in a close team environment
- Upon graduation, was offered a permanent full-time role
Blogger, This Skating Life
- Write fortnightly posts for This Skating Life, a forum for skateboarding enthusiasts to discuss skateboarding and related issues; I am one of the regular contributors
- Have developed my writing skills while writing on a topic I love
- My blog posts have been amongst the most popular on the site, generating enthusiastic commentary from a dedicated readership
Subeditor, Uni Life
- Acted as subeditor for Uni Life, a student-run on-campus publication for University of Victoria students
- Helped to develop story ideas and contributed to layout/design
- Performed a range of general administrative duties
- Developed editing skills and gained insight into the publication production process
- Wrote several articles for the publication
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Adobe InDesign, Photoshop
I enjoy travel, snowboarding, skating, photography and reading/writing.
Available on request.