Senior registered nurse sample resume
This free sample resume for a senior registered nurse has an accompanying sample senior registered nurse cover letter and sample senior registered nurse job advertisement to help you put together a winning job application.
82 Carlingford Street
Flemingtown NSW 2053
Mobile: 0400 000 000
Email: [email protected]
Driven and energetic Registered Nurse with exceptional management and interpersonal skills, experience with accurate reporting and effective communication methods, strong clinical skills and a wealth of experience working with multidisciplinary teams to respond to patient needs.
Key Skills and Characteristics
Consistently deliver high-level health care and ongoing support to patients in the coronary care unit at St Margaret’s Hospital. Practised in cardiac rehabilitation and health promotion. Skills in diagnostics, clinical assessment and systematic ECG analysis. Understanding of and commitment to professional and ethical codes.
Demonstrated effective leadership with a team focus and experience in mentoring. Ability to engage staff through consultation and direct communication to promote teamwork, problem-solving and conflict resolution. Also able to work unsupervised, take initiative and make decisions.
Highly developed communication skills encompassing consultation, counselling, liaison, negotiation and advocacy. High-order verbal and written communication skills. Able to establish rapport and engage people in relevant processes, and build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
Able to work calmly and effectively in an acute care environment. Able to plan, organise and prioritise tasks efficiently while maintaining quality and integrity of service.
Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development to keep abreast of the latest developments, techniques and research into best practice, and maintain clinical skills at the highest standard.
Registered Nurse, St Margaret’s Hospital
- Ensure high-level care to Coronary Care Unit patients
- Conduct clinical risk assessment as appropriate to the patient, using evidence-based practice to deliver and monitor interventions
- Facilitate continuity of care by coordinating services with other departments
- Create and maintain accurate clinical records
- Demonstrate clinical leadership, including staff education, and contribute to the development and delivery of quality service as a member of a medium-sized team
- Train and supervise junior members of staff
- Provide professional advice and support to other divisions
- Evaluate needs of patients in accordance with professional standards and Code of Ethics
- Consistent delivery of high quality health care to improve patient health outcomes and support service networks
- Maintainance of professional development to stay abreast of new methodologies and technologies, and ensure provision of the highest standards of care
- Appointed as mentor for junior staff in late 2010, including scheduled supervision and rostering from 2011
Endorsed Enrolled Nurse, St Bartholomew Hospital
- Planned and coordinated care for pre- and post-surgical procedures
- Communicated with physicians and surgeons to ensure accurate information about patient condition was conveyed and documented
- Provided information and support to patients and family members regarding patient condition, prognosis and treatment program
- Maintained medical charts and associated documentation according to hospital protocols
- Liaised with medical staff, allied health workers, pharmacists, pastoral care and administration staff
- Was rostered to different departments and gained experience in different areas, including Emergency and Cardiac Unit
- Received Certificate of Appreciation in recognition of dedication and contribution
- Advanced Life Support – 2011, St Margaret’s Hospital (Coronary Care Unit)
- Medical Emergencies Management – 2010, St Margaret’s Hospital
- Electrocardiography Course – 2009, St Margaret’s Hospital
- Anaesthesia and Recovery CRM – 2009, Sydney Clinical Skills & Simulation Centre
- Emergency Team Training – 2008, Sydney Clinical Skills & Simulation Centre
- Medical Administration – 2008, St Bartholomew Hospital
- Infection control and sterilisation – 2008, St Bartholomew Hospital
- Registered Nurse – AHPRA
- Member of Australian Nursing Federation
Nurse Unit Manager
St Margaret’s Hospital
Tel: 9999 0000
Nurse Unit Manager
St Bartholomew Hospital
Tel: 9999 1111
Need to get your Career ship-shape?
Then a Career Coach is a great place to start.
As Director of ECM Consulting, I have over 15 years’ extensive experience in professiona...
Interview Winning Professional Resumes | Cover Letters | Selection Criteria | Government A...