Solutions architect sample job advertisement
Solutions Architect, REF: 67XYZ
Icarus IT Solutions is seeking an experienced Solutions Architect to develop effective technical strategies to integrate business, information, systems and technology architectures, and confidently lead the design implementation process.
You will be responsible for transforming the requirements developed by our Functional Analysts into a set of documents and architectures that can be utilised by the rest of the software development team to create specific business solutions.
You must have experience in multiple hardware and software environments and be comfortable with complex system designs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Translating business requirements into architectural approaches and solutions by designing overarching system and solution architecture, system integration and realisation strategy
- Planning and management of project deliverables using consistent approaches and templates
- Leading implementation of evaluation, design and realisation planning
- Developing, implementing and managing architecture standards and guidelines
- Providing sound and confident technical and architectural leadership to multi-functional software development teams
You will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Demonstrated 3–4 years experience working as a Solutions Architect
- Demonstrated knowledge of business and system architecture principles, frameworks, processes and governance
- Experience in vendor relationship management
- Proven ability to lead, develop and implement technology architectures and solution frameworks in a complex business and technical environment
- Advanced understanding and experience in utilising visual documentation languages (such as UML) and database design
- Excellent time management, multitasking and research skills
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to guide, negotiate and build consensus amongst large teams of software developers
- Mastery of a number of hardware platforms
- Understanding of various operating systems, including mainframe, midrange, Unix and mobile platforms
- Good understanding of relational, flat-file and semi-flat-file databases
- Solid understanding of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and emerging leading practices in this area, in particular SOA, SaaS and BPM.
- Demonstrated experience in custom applications development in a J2EE environment.
- Experience in Enterprise modelling tools (such as ARIS, Rational etc) to support solution architecture and good grasp of Enterprise architecture concepts, structure and methodologies
Our fast-paced and supportive environment will offer you lots of benefits, including a competitive salary, a friendly team, flexible working arrangements, and many opportunities for training and fast-tracked development. This is a challenging role that will deliver great rewards to the right applicant.
If you think you have what it takes, please send your resume to: Bob Driscoll, HR Director, Icarus IT Solutions, [email protected] or phone on (03) 9000 7000.