Systems analyst sample resume
22 Always Cr
Somersby NSW 2222
M: 0400 000 000
An experienced professional with a solid background in devising IT solutions for improved business efficiency and bespoke client-facing services. A great communicator who takes great pride in finding the right solution for difficult problems. Highly motivated and currently seeking a challenging position in the financial services sector.
Key Areas of Expertise
- Exceptional communication skills feeding an ability to understand and interpret the operational needs of businesses at all levels.
- Keen attention to detail in the identification of potential glitches and threats to performance and security for new applications.
- Understanding of change management and the implementation of systems within large organisations.
- Demonstrated experience in system fault diagnosis, developing solutions and managing resolution.
- Programming: SQL Plus (Oracle 9i), MySQL
- Systems: Windows (95, 98, XP, NT, 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012, Vista 7), DOS, VMware and vSphere
- Applications: Unix, FTP, CCNA, Systems Centre Experience, Forefront Product Set – Proxy, Mail Gateway and Desktop, Windows DHCP, DNS, AD User Management, Sites and Services
- Certifications: CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA), experience managing MS (2008 R2 & 2003R2)
- Identify client needs and develop customised solutions; this involves understanding primary objectives and implementing solutions to established budgets
- Research potential new clients and pitch individual account management solutions for a range of financial advisory and private investment businesses
- Provide remote support and on-site technical training for bespoke database clients
- Responsible for troubleshooting and diagnosing hardware and software faults across Windows and Linux systems
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with fellow team members to anticipate technical limitations and glitches and effect smooth system deployments
- Provide written reports and give product presentations to clients to explain system solutions and potential business impacts
- Developed confidence and sensitivity in working closely with clients to clearly define operational needs and potential solutions
- Successfully researched and brought in 10 new clients, providing them with bespoke client management systems to provide individual reporting across investment portfolios
- Developed over 30 bespoke systems with solutions provided on time and on budget
Optimal Supply Solutions
- Oversaw all aspects of the domain in a Windows Server 2008 R2 environment
- Managed internal data, including identifying risks to data integrity, disaster recovery and restoration
- Deployed and configured VMware and vSphere infrastructure
- Managed the corporate website platform (including CentOS Linux System, Apache Server, FTP Server, MySQL system, Interchange Application Server, WordPress system)
- Created a user manual for all staff and reported on systems and processes for senior management
- Provided high levels of technical support for internal staff and contractors
- Improved email systems across the organisation leading to better security and data storage
- Created infrastructure to support the operations of the financial services division and improved auditing processes
- Doubled the speed of the company website and set up an online payment gateway to work with our internal job-tracking system
Senior Business Analyst
T: (02) 9999 9999
Optimal Supply Solutions
T: (02) 7777 7777