Tour guide sample job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for a tour guide has an accompanying tour guide sample resume and tour guide sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
Red Roads is an award-winning eco-tourism group providing travellers with a unique experience in the Northern Territory. Our tailored tours offer amazing insights into the history of the land while exploring the stunning Uluru/Kata Tjuta National Park.
We are currently looking for an experienced tour operator to join our small team of professionals. You will be highly energetic with a strong sense of adventure and a sound knowledge of the area. A high level of communication, time management and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Consulting with clients to ascertain tour requirements
- Quoting and scheduling tours
- Liaising with local elders and National Parks and Wildlife rangers
- Driving guests from accommodation to the tour site and back
- Preparing food and beverages in accordance with company guidelines
- Maintaining gear and vehicle
- Applying environmental and remote safety standards throughout tours
- Guiding guests through the National Park
- Providing engaging and informative eco-focused guiding
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a comparable role
- Tertiary qualifications in Outdoor Education, Guiding, Eco Tourism or similar
- Excellent communication skills
- Accomplished bushwalker with map skills, experience in desert climates and excellent physical fitness
- Passion for the outdoors
- Interest in and ability to interpret ecosystems and cultural history
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate (Wilderness and Remote Area First Aid is desirable)
- High level of customer service and the ability to build rapport
- Current driver’s licence (LR licence is desirable)
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office
This is a rewarding position based in one of Australia’s most picturesque locations. If you love the environment as much as you love people, then we want to hear from you. Send your resume and cover letter to Bill Somers, [email protected].