Truck driver sample job advertisement
Experienced MC Truck Driver (Full Time), Job Ref. 5445
Abacus Engineering has been established for 20 years and has built a great reputation, both nationally and in the local area. Located in Westerntown, we specialise in providing quality construction/steel fabrication services.
We are looking for a full-time, experienced MC truck driver to work approximately 40 hours a week.
You will be completing all tasks and duties required for driving around the local area, as well as some long-distance jobs.
Tasks and duties will include:
- carrying out routine vehicle checks
- loading fabrications onto the truck using a forklift, crane or other lifting equipment
- making sure that the load is correctly placed and is secure
- driving vehicles to their destination (usually construction sites) and unloading according to site requirements
- collecting payments and issuing receipts
- maintaining a log book with details of trips, including rest breaks on long trips
- customer service.
To successfully secure this opportunity, you must:
- have at least five years truck-driving experience
- have an MC licence
- hold a Blue Card
- be reliable, punctual and self-motivated
- have a great attitude and strong work ethic
- be capable and confident in your ability.
Ideally, this position would suit someone from Westerntown with local area knowledge but some long-distance driving will also be required, so experience in this area is desirable. Knowledge of fatigue management practices would be an advantage.
If you have the essential requirements and would like to seize this great opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
If you wish to discuss the position further, please call Robert Richards on (08) 1111 2222.