This Bachelor of Education (Physical and Health Education) degree will equip you with the necessary professional knowledge and skills to start a career as a PHE teacher within the Australian school system.
The course will give you a comprehensive overview of health, nutrition, and fitness basics – all within a pedagogical framework. The course will also equip you with the strategies and tools to succeed as a teacher within the educational sector.
Offered for on-campus study (with selected subjects available online) at ACPE, by studying this course you will have complete access to state-of-the-art facilities, teaching materials and support from faculty. To ensure classroom readiness students undertake school-based professional experience placement throughout their degree.
Study this course to become a qualified PE teacher!
To be eligible to enrol in this course, applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Achieve at least three Band 5 HSC results,including one in English; OR
- Pass bridging units benchmarked to a Band 5 HSC result; OR
- Completion of a NESA approved alternative entry pathway as advised by your prospective university; OR
- Have completed a Higher Education Degree.
What You’ll Learn
In this education course, the subjects you will study include:
- Understanding health
- Skill acquisition
- Principles of movement
- Sport and the Social Context
- Health priorities for Australia
- Health: a sociological perspective
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy and Physiology
- Theory and Application of Playing and Coaching Sport
- Classroom skills 1
- Curriculum planning for learning and teaching in HPE 1
- Contemporary youth health
- Composition and performance
- Professional experience 1: orientation to teaching
- Child and adolescent development
- Intelligence and cognition
- Principals of health promotion
- Exercise Prescription throughout the Lifespan
- Professional Experience 2
- Classroom skills 2
- Curriculum planning for learning and teaching HPE 2
- Youth Health and Resilience
- Applied Exercise Physiology
- Professional Experience 3
- Social Influences and Student Diversity
- Research in Action (Education)
- Sports Medicine
- Athletics and Aquatics Specialisation
- Community and Family Studies
- Principles and practices in assessment and reporting
- The inclusive classroom
- Health and activity for diverse populations
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education
- Current Issues: A teaching Research Project
- Leadership And Innovation in Education
- Literacy for Learning and Teaching
- Professional Experience 4
Why study with Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations:
- New South Wales: Sydney Olympic Park