Turn your love for children into a rewarding professional career with this Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care (CHC40113) course from the Melbourne City Institute of Education.
Designed for anyone seeking to start a career working for the care and development of school-aged children, this nationally recognised course provides the fundamental knowledge, skills and experience you’ll need to thrive in the exciting and challenging world of child development.
You’ll learn key aspects of child care, including responding to risks, maintaining a safe and healthy environment, providing healthy food and drinks, and using approved learning frameworks to guide children’s learning, development and participation. You’ll be equipped with the skills to work in a team guiding children’s play and leisure, ensuring all children under the care of your team have a safe, happy and fulfilling experience in your care.
With theoretical study complementing 120 hours of practical work placement, this relevant qualification will ensure you graduate ready to work and with the skills to stand out in a competitive job market. Classes are delivered both during the week and on weekends, ensuring learning fits in with your lifestyle.
If you’re interested in working with children and want to start a rewarding new career, this course is your first step.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
What You’ll Learn
In this education course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCDIV002 – Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE001 – Develop cultural competence
- CHCECE002 – Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE004 – Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE009 – Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE011 – Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCLEG001 – Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRT001 – Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID004 – Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCSAC001 – Support children to participate in school age care
- CHCSAC002 – Develop and implement play and leisure experiences in school age care
- CHCSAC003 – Work collaboratively and respectfully with children in school age care
- CHCSAC004 – Support the holistic development of children in school age care
- CHCECE007 – Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE026 – Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
- SISXCAI003 – Conduct non-instructional sport, fitness or recreation sessions
- CHCECE006 – Support behaviour of children and young people
Why study with Melbourne City Institute of Education?
Discover a career that really makes a difference and achieve your education goals with help and guidance from the widely recognised, Melbourne City Institute of Education (MCIE).
Their industry renowned training courses have earned them a host of awards and have seen countless students achieve success in community services, aged care and more. When you study with MCIE you’ll not only get the theory side down pat, but their state-of-the-art facility and custom designed training rooms will give you all the hands-on skills you need.
Discover the MCIE difference today!
MCIE is committed to supporting their students throughout every step of their learning journey, which is why they’ve set up a dedicated Student Welfare Coordinator, available 24/7 to assist you with whatever you need at any time of day. Their support services will help you around finding job opportunities, accommodation needs and ensuring your general health and wellbeing is on track.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations:
- Victoria: Melbourne