Get an industry-recognised qualification that will help you launch a successful career in sports! This Bachelor of Sports Coaching (Strength & Conditioning) from the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is a great blend of theoretical and practical training to give your career a head start.
The course covers a range of fundamental skills that will help set you up for success in your future career. You’ll develop capabilities in coaching, sports science, management and business, giving you insight into the bigger picture of the industry.
You’ll also study advanced strength and conditioning practices, allowing you to pursue employment opportunities as a specialist in this area. Coupled with the general management and business skills covered in this course, you’ll exit the course with a set of flexible skills and great prospects for career progression.
This course offers a blended learning experience, so you can enjoy their host of awesome facilities on campus in Sydney Olympic Park, as well as study a few modules at your own pace, online.
Want to get a feel for what it’s like to study with ACPE? Head to their Open Day held at their Sydney campus on Saturday, February 2nd. Enquire now for more event info.
Study With ACPE
To study this course, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum HSC average of 60 or equivalent; OR
- A qualification from a recognised higher education provider; OR
- An Associate Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from TAFE or another VET provider; OR
- 1 year full-time or equivalent in a degree course at an Australian University; OR
- Satisfy entry requirements specified by ACPE board; OR
- A recognised overseas qualification with demonstrated proficiency in English; OR
- Demonstration of good selection prospects for admission if ineligible for admission based on academic achievement.
Alternate entry pathways may be available for applicants who do not meet any of the above criteria. Enquire now to find out more.
What You’ll Learn
In this course, subjects you may study include:
- Skill Acquisition
- Coaching Techniques and Pedagogy
- Administration for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy and Physiology
- Theory and Application of Coaching Sport
- Introduction to Performance and Exercise Psychology
- Introduction to Sports Business
- Applied Exercise Physiology
- Athletics and Aquatics Specialisation
- Strength and Conditioning
- Functional Anatomy
- Performance Analysis and Research in Coaching
- Exercise Prescription Throughout the Lifespan
- Biochemistry and Nutrition
- Professional Communication
- Professional Integrity
- Advanced Strength and Conditioning (Work Integrated Learning - WIL)
- Sport Recreation and the Law
- Inclusive Coaching
- Athlete Talent Identification and Development
- Advanced Training Principles and Exercise Prescription
- Sports Medicine
Why study with Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
Want to get a feel for what it's like to study with ACPE? Head to their Open Day held at their Sydney campus on Saturday, February 2nd. Enquire now for more event info.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations:
- New South Wales: Sydney Olympic Park