Turn your knack for solving problems and your skills with people into a rewarding new career with this online Certificate IV in Human Resources (BSB41015) course from Open Colleges.
If you’re looking to start a new career in human resources, this nationally recognised and industry-focused course is a relevant starting point that will help you build the fundamental skills and knowledge required to succeed in this exciting industry.
In this course, you’ll learn how to recruit new staff, manage effective workplace relationships, conduct research and analysis and understand workplace health and safety. Self-paced, online modules ensure your learning fits in with your lifestyle, while building new knowledge and industry-relevant skills for a next career step.
A broad range of elective units allows you to tailor your learning to an area that interests you. You may choose to specialise in recruitment, project management, developing teams and individuals or payroll system development and management.
If you enjoy working with people, work well in team environments, and see problems as opportunities, human resources may be the career for you – and it starts with this course.
To be eligible for this course applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be atleast 18 years old; AND
- Basic computing skills; AND
- Basic Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills
There are no formal education entry requirements for this course.
What You’ll Learn
In this human resources course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBHRM404 – Review human resources functions
- BSBLDR402 – Lead effective workplace relations
- BSBHRM405 – Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- BSBHRM403 – Support performance management processes
- BSBWRK411 – Support employee and industrial relations procedures
- BSBWHS401 – Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBRES401 – Analyse and present research information
- BSBWRT401 – Write complex documents
- BSBPMG522 – Undertake project work
- TAEDEL301A – Provide work skill instruction
- BSBLED401 – Develop teams and individuals
- BSBHRM506 – Manage recruitment, selection and induction processes
- BSBFIA302 – Process payroll
- FNSBKG405 – Establish and maintain a payroll system
Why study with Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. Most courses are delivered online or via blended learning, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.