Do you think you have what it takes to be an effective manager and lead successful teams? Are you ready to take on new levels of responsibility and leadership in your career? Look no further than the Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51915) from the Australian Institute of Management.
This comprehensive course is designed for those currently in supervisory or middle management positions, as well as those with operational planning and change management roles, who wish to increase their skills in leadership and management. Over 12 months of study, you’ll develop extended knowledge and practical skills in a range of core areas, including operational planning, team effectiveness, workplace relationships and the use of emotional intelligence in management. You’ll also undertake supplementary units to broaden your business skillset, covering everything from workplace diversity to continuous improvement to effective workplace communication.
AIM offers flexibility in its course delivery. You can choose a mode that suits you: blended, which involves nine days of on-campus workshops with additional self-paced online study, or 100% online delivery, which allows you to study at your own pace and in your own way. Whichever option you choose, you’ll graduate with a nationally recognised business qualification, ready to take on higher-level roles in the business world and achieve your career goals.
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age at time of enrolment; AND
- Have an education level of Year 12 (or equivalent) or Certificate IV; OR
- Meet the requirements in the admissions checklist; AND
- Experience in the business work environment and access to a workplace; AND
- Technological literacy; AND
- Proficient in English; OR
- If English is not your first language, receive a satisfactory assessment in core LLN skills assessment.
What You’ll Learn
In this leadership course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBMGT517 - Manage operational plan
- BSBWOR502 - Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBLDR501 - Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBLDR502 - Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBINN502 - Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- BSBMGT516 - Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBPMG522 - Undertake project work
- BSBMGT502 - Manage people performance
- BSBWOR501 - Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBLED501 - Develop a workplace learning environment
- BSBLDR503 - Communicate with influence
- BSBLDR504 - Implement diversity in the workplace
Why study with Australian Institute of Management Education and Training?
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (RTO code 0049) (AIMET) is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: