Designed specifically for educators, our Online Graduate Certificate in Mental Health for Education can teach you how to make a positive impact on the mental health of students as well as how to manage mental health within the school system.
Throughout our Certificate’s four subjects, you will explore topics in school responsiveness, trauma theory, experiences and perceptions of mental illness and therapeutic skills for mental health.
Develop and understanding of:
- Communication strategies: learn how to effectively and sensitively work with students and colleagues in accordance with professional ethical standards.
- Person-centred care: practice and advocate professionally and independently as a team member in mental health settings to drive improved student outcomes.
- Trauma informed education: examine principles that underpin trauma and how those principles may inform pedagogy and learning for students who have experienced trauma.
- Evidence-based plans: develop plans to support therapeutic relationships with students, families, and carers that are characterized by co-constructive care and collaborative engagement.
- Causes and prevalence: critically analyse wellness issues for students and assess how they may influence learning including trauma, anxiety, depression and bullying.
This is a nested qualification within the Master of Education. When you complete this online course, you can continue with advanced standing.