Take charge of your career trajectory and build your business skills. This Associate Degree of Sports Business from the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is designed to give you insight into the inner workings of the multi-million dollar sports industry.
The course will teach you the ins and outs of running a sports business. In this 2-year course, you’ll cover all the core business capabilities necessary for success in the industry, including marketing, management and administration skills specifically for the sports environment.
With a practical business focus, this course will help you develop leadership and management skills that can translate to any role in the sports industry, allowing you flexibility to choose a career path that interests you.
Study With ACPE
To study this course, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum HSC average of 60 or equivalent; OR
- A qualification from a recognised higher education provider; OR
- An Associate Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from TAFE or another VET provider; OR
- 1 year full-time or equivalent in a degree course at an Australian University; OR
- Satisfy entry requirements specified by ACPE board; OR
- A recognised overseas qualification with demonstrated proficiency in English; OR
- Demonstration of good selection prospects for admission if ineligible for admission based on academic achievement.
Alternate entry pathways may be available for applicants who do not meet any of the above criteria. Enquire now to find out more.
What You’ll Learn
In this sports business course, subjects you may study include:
- Introduction to Sports Business
- Sport and the Social Context
- Application of Maths and Statistics for Health and Sport
- Administration for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- IT in Sports Business Management
- Accounting for Managers
- Marketing for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- Governance and Policy in Sport and Recreation
- International Sport Business
- Asset and Risk Management
- Sport Recreation and the Law
- Statutory Requirements for Sports Business
- Sport and Human Resource Management
- Health Policy and Politics
- Leadership in Sport Business
- Building Relationships in Sports Business
Why study with Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations:
- New South Wales: Sydney Olympic Park