Video interview tips
Posted October 13, 2011, by Elissa Collier
- Treat the video interview like a face-to-face interview.
- Research the company, know your resume and the job description.
- Don't be late!
- Dress professionally – as if you were going to a face-to-face interview.
- Make sure the room is clean and tidy with no background mess or clutter.
- Find a quiet place to do the interview – don't let any unnecessary sound effects spoil the interview.
- Test that your equipment and technology are in working order well before the interview.
- Treat the interviewer like they are in the same room as you - smile and speak clearly.
- Look directly into the camera when speaking.