General practitioner resume
This free sample resume for a general practitioner has an accompanying sample general practitioner cover letter and sample general practitioner job advertisement to help you put together a winning job application.
53 Ailing Drive
Mendit NSW 2000
M: 0400 111 222
E: [email protected]
Highly motivated, dedicated and clinically competent general practitioner with experience caring for patients from a range of cultural backgrounds. I am committed to pursuing a role in which I can help people maintain their health and quality of life.
Australian Medical Council & Medical Board Certificate of Registration, 2009
Medical Board of Australia
Registration number: MED011111
Key Skills and Abilities
Interpersonal skills and bedside manner
Ability to put patients at ease and inspire their trust. Highly developed communication skills enable me to listen, respond and adapt to patients from a range of cultural backgrounds in a clear and empathetic manner. I have a genuine concern for all patients and take the time to explain their condition and treatment options.
Reliable medical knowledge and diagnostic skills
Proven ability to make sound diagnoses following accurate case-taking, examination of patient and interpretation of diagnostic procedures.
Ability to remain calm under pressure
Experience working in hospitals and practices with limited staff and a high volume of patients who present with both emergency and non-emergency cases. Able to remain calm and methodical in my examination, diagnosis and treatment of patients, even in testing situations.
General Practitioner, Malady Medical Centre
- Greet patients and take personal histories, perform examinations, order laboratory tests, x-rays and other diagnostic procedures
- Evaluate patients’ physical and mental health; refer patients to specialists where appropriate
- Prescribe and administer medications and treatments
- Perform routine surgery, such as primary closure techniques (suturing), ingrown toenail removal, skin lesion biopsies and removal of foreign bodies from eyes, ears or wounds
- Provide emergency care for acute coronary syndrome and asthma attacks Inoculate patients, including children from six weeks of age
- Provide pre-natal and post-natal care
- Perform skin cancer checks and minor surgical procedures, as required
- Report notifiable diseases, such as pertussis and measles, to governmental authorities
- Advise patients about strategies for maintaining optimal health, including disease and accident prevention
Resident Medical Officer, Malaise Hospital
- Worked on rotational basis in Medical, Surgical, Emergency, Paediatrics, O&G, Psychiatry and Orthopaedics departments
- Examined patients, documented their medical histories, ordered laboratory tests, x-rays and other diagnostic procedures
- Admitted patients after consulting with senior medical practitioners
- Performed minor surgical procedures such as IV cannulation, ECG, ABG and urinary catheterisation
- Accompanied registrars and consultants on morning and afternoon ward rounds
- Promoted to Senior Medical Officer after a 12-month period employed as Junior Medical Officer
General Practitioner, Wellbeing Medical Practice
- Examined patients and recorded their medical histories and details of their current health concerns
- Ordered laboratory and diagnostic procedures
- Prescribed and administered medications, inoculations and treatments
- Provided emergency care for acute coronary syndrome, asthma attacks, loss of consciousness, acute infection and multiple trauma
- Performed routine surgery, including primary closure techniques (suturing), ingrown toenail removal, skin lesion biopsies and removal of foreign bodies from ears, eyes or wounds
- Supervised pre-natal and post-natal care provided by midwives
- Reported births, deaths and incidence of contagious and other diseases to governmental authorities
Intravenous access techniques
Nasogastric tube placement
Foley catheter insertion
Primary closure techniques
Digital nerve block
Ingrown toenail removal
|Removal of superficial foreign bodies |
Nasal packing for epistaxis
Speculum insertion for vaginal swabs
Skin lesion biopsy
ECG and simple interpretation
Excision of skin lesions
Pain Management, 2011
Cardiovascular Workshop, 2011
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (CPR), 2010
Skin Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment, April 2008
Procedural Sedation of Adults and Children in Emergency Department, 2007
Royal Australian College of General Practitioners – membership since 2009
Available upon request.
Need to get your Career ship-shape?
Then a Career Coach is a great place to start.
Interview Winning Professional Resumes | Cover Letters | Selection Criteria | Government A...
Greg Faherty is a Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) and the owner of two success...