Public relations officer sample job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for a public relations officer has an accompanying public relations officer sample resume and public relations officer sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
Public Relations Officer
The National Association of Cyclists is the peak body for cycling associations in Australia, representing over 40 cycling associations nationwide. We play a vital role as the voice of cyclists everywhere, undertaking advocacy and policy development in the political and public arenas.
We are currently seeking a professional public relations officer to handle all of our official communications. You will be responsible for coordinating communications activities in support of the association’s policy and engagement strategies.
- Design, develop and deliver positive and effective communication and public relations activities, including media releases, newsletters and advertisements
- Unify all messages around the association’s strategic plans to create positive awareness about cycling
- Develop brand identity and manage reputational risk
- Coordinate staff in the arranging and running of a number of high profile community events, and represent the association at such events
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve the association’s media presence to ensure target audiences are being effectively reached
- Support the development and use of social media platforms to further engagement and community-building
- Coordinate the association’s official calendar
- Respond to media inquiries
- Cultivate relationships with journalists, public figures, politicians and relevant organisations
You will need:
- Qualifications in journalism, PR, marketing or a related field
- Experience in a similar role producing media releases and developing relationships with media organisations
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and professional presentation
- Capacity to work under tight time pressures and maintain high level of accuracy
- Experience using social media as a strategic brand positioning and messaging channel
- Strong computer literacy, proficiency in InDesign and Dreamweaver is preferable
If you fit the bill, send your resume and cover letter to Charles Spelling, Association Director: [email protected]
Need to get your Career ship-shape?
Then a Career Coach is a great place to start.
Greg Faherty is a Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) and the owner of two success...
Kathy Keshemberg has assisted job seekers and career changers successfully achieve their g...
Hayden is the founder of Australia's top rated Resume & Cover Letter writing service, ...