Public relations officer sample job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for a public relations officer has an accompanying public relations officer sample resume and public relations officer sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
Public Relations Officer
The National Association of Cyclists is the peak body for cycling associations in Australia, representing over 40 cycling associations nationwide. We play a vital role as the voice of cyclists everywhere, undertaking advocacy and policy development in the political and public arenas.
We are currently seeking a professional public relations officer to handle all of our official communications. You will be responsible for coordinating communications activities in support of the association’s policy and engagement strategies.
- Design, develop and deliver positive and effective communication and public relations activities, including media releases, newsletters and advertisements
- Unify all messages around the association’s strategic plans to create positive awareness about cycling
- Develop brand identity and manage reputational risk
- Coordinate staff in the arranging and running of a number of high profile community events, and represent the association at such events
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve the association’s media presence to ensure target audiences are being effectively reached
- Support the development and use of social media platforms to further engagement and community-building
- Coordinate the association’s official calendar
- Respond to media inquiries
- Cultivate relationships with journalists, public figures, politicians and relevant organisations
You will need:
- Qualifications in journalism, PR, marketing or a related field
- Experience in a similar role producing media releases and developing relationships with media organisations
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and professional presentation
- Capacity to work under tight time pressures and maintain high level of accuracy
- Experience using social media as a strategic brand positioning and messaging channel
- Strong computer literacy, proficiency in InDesign and Dreamweaver is preferable
If you fit the bill, send your resume and cover letter to Charles Spelling, Association Director: email@example.com