Public relations officer sample resume
This free sample resume for a public relations officer has an accompanying sample public relations officer cover letter and sample public relations officer job advertisement to help you put together a winning job application.
96 Shepparton Rd
Contact NSW 2712
T: (02) 9999 0000
M: 0411 111 111
Qualified and professional Public Relations Officer with experience in both government and non-profit sectors. Strong ability to plan, develop and implement communication strategies, with excellent media management skills and experience in using social media as a PR tool. Enthusiastic, creative and goal-driven, I have the ability to create positive discussion about an organisation and would welcome the opportunity to use this ability for one of my greatest passions – cycling.
Bachelor of Communication (Public Relations)
Public Relations Officer, Wildlives Foundation
- Write media releases and speeches to reflect Foundation policies and strategic initiatives
- Write, edit and facilitate creation of newsletters, fact sheets and brochures
- Handle enquiries from a range of local and national media
- Help develop short- and long-term PR strategies
- Use social media platforms to create buzz and broaden reach
- Hold internal communication workshops for staff
- Liaise with the director and other staff regarding public announcements
- Created a social media campaign on commercial kangaroo killing that went viral and was written up in the Sydney Tribune as a result
- Developed many valuable media contacts
- Oversaw national wildlife awareness events, successfully garnering widespread participation and media attention
- Gained strong skills in using social media for PR purposes
- Developed the Foundation blog, chasingtails.com.au, which served as a pivot point for social media
Public Relations Intern, City of Greengrass Council
- Created informative and entertaining online marketing content
- Responded to public enquiries on Council policy
- Interviewed Council members regarding policies and events
- Assisted in staging of local public events
- Developed and distributed media releases
- Developed strong skills in writing media releases and working to tight deadlines
- Developed skills in conducting campaigns across different media
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Typing speed: 65 wpm, 94% accuracy
I am an avid cyclist and member of a local cycling group that participates in team events.
Available on request.