Rehabilitation counsellor sample job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for a rehabilitation counsellor has an accompanying rehabilitation counsellor sample resume and rehabilitation counsellor sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
RTW Solutions is a national provider of workplace health, injury management and rehabilitation services. We provide return to work, training and counselling services to help our clients overcome barriers to employment following illness or injury, and to achieve optimal health and professional outcomes.
We are currently seeking a rehabilitation counsellor to join our multidisciplinary team of allied health professionals. You will help people from prevention to recovery, provide counselling and guidance on health and safety issues and injury management, and liaise with government agencies, health professionals, employers and insurers.
- Perform vocational assessment, reporting, case management and counselling
- Develop return to work plans
- Conduct case reviews with other medical/health professionals
- Encourage and support injured people to be positive about their prognosis and actively participate in rehabilitation programs
- Provide creative and strategic assistance to help clients overcome barriers to employment following illness or injury
- Work with employment placement consultants to help clients return to suitable employment
- A dynamic, energetic, goal-oriented and problem-solving approach to rehabilitation
- Degree in rehabilitation counselling or other relevant degree
- Full registration with the Psychology Board of Australia and/or eligibility for ASORC or RCAA membership
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a rehabilitation or therapeutic environment
- Outstanding interpersonal, negotiating and time-management skills
- Excellent report-writing skills
- Full knowledge of workers’ compensation, rehabilitation and OH&S legislation
- Computer proficiency and driver’s licence
In return, we offer a supportive work culture, employee benefits, professional training and development, performance incentives and flexible working hours.
If you would like to apply for this rewarding role, please send your resume and cover letter to Emma Gibbs, HR Director, [email protected], or call (07) 8888 8888 for more information.