Transport and logistics manager cover letter
This free sample cover letter for a transport and logistics manager has an accompanying transport and logistics manager sample resume and sample transport and logistics manager job advertisement to help you put together a winning job application.
1/3 Bradley Place
White Hill QLD 4000
P: (07) 9191 0000
M: 0900 111 222
E: [email protected]
Dear Mr Cooper
Re: Senior Transport and Logistics Manager position
I am writing to apply for the position of Senior Transport and Logistics Manager as advertised on SEEK.com.au.
I have over 20 years of experience within the transport and logistics industry, with 9 years at senior management level. My transport experience includes extensive practical knowledge of the transport and distribution of various products by rail, road and sea. I have a thorough understanding of all aspects relating to management and regulatory and statutory compliance, and this includes a strong familiarity with all matters relating to OH&S and staff recruitment and development.
In my previous positions I have continually demonstrated my commitment to ongoing improvement of both services to clients and internal processes. I have undertaken extensive professional development, including Diplomas in both Education and Training and OH&S. With this training I have been able to improve operations and implement new state-wide safety and training programs in my position as State Manager at ICE Refrigerated Transport.
With respect to the position of Senior Transport and Logistics Manager I bring the following specific skills:
- Extensive experience in managing staff and resource allocation to achieve company targets and improve efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Practised in managing and planning equipment downtime and maintenance, with particular attention given to managing and maintaining R&M budgets
- Full understanding of, and experience in, conducting audits relating to the legislative and regulatory requirements for HACCP food safety and OH&S
- Ability to monitor, analyse and report on P&L activity and other financial reports
- Highly developed customer relation skills with the ability to develop long-term alliances as well as maintaining relationships with current customers
During my previous employment I have led companies and divisions of companies in renewing their HVAS accreditation as well as ensuring compliance with NHVAS requirements. I have implemented a number of programs involving fatigue management, fuel transport and storage and HACCP food safety with great success. My strong communication and negotiation skills have enabled me to work very positively with the various regulatory authorities and government departments involved in the transport industry.
From my extensive experience, I have a strong appreciation of what would be required to succeed within this key position and I have the motivation and qualifications to achieve results.
I would very much like to discuss this position with you further, and look forward to hearing from you.