Transport and logistics manager resume
This free sample resume for a transport and logistics manager has an accompanying sample transport and logistics manager cover letter and sample transport and logistics manager job advertisement to help you put together a winning job application.
1/3 Bradley Place
White Hill QLD 4000
P: (07) 9191 0000
M: 0900 111 222
E: [email protected]
Task-focused, enthusiastic and resourceful senior transport and logistics professional with highly developed negotiation skills and change management experience. Extensive knowledge of current OH&S procedures.
Core Skills and Abilities
Transport and Logistics Experience
Twenty years of experience in the transport industry, with broad expertise and skill in managing the scheduling of deliveries and drivers. Proven track record of refining transport systems to improve efficiency and increase profit.
OH&S Systems Implementation
Successful implementation, analysis and management of new OH&S systems and procedures, including systems integration and staff training. Up-to-date knowledge of OH&S requirements.
Communication and Leadership Skills
Communicate effectively to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally, and negotiate agreements. Practical leadership approach to manage workplace change, with a focus on staff training and development.
State Manager, ICE Refrigerated Transport
- Manage the operations of ICE Refrigerated Transport cold stores including the efficient and timely distribution and transportation of goods for major clients
- Implement and monitor the company’s KPIs including van temperatures, delivery schedules and fatigue management
- Manage the hiring, training and development of staff
- Report on and monitor OH&S activities, involving weekly audits
- Ensure that stock inventory is maintained and correct auditing procedures are followed, and train staff in the use of the paperless warehouse management system
- Developed and implemented competency-based state-wide training and safety programs
- Increased driver induction rates from 54% to 94% within a two-month period
- Completed successful negotiations with staff and relevant unions for benefits to compensate for an office relocation
Transport and Logistics Manager, UpLink Enterprises
- Managed a large team of direct reports comprising six depot managers, six assistant managers, six administration staff and 38 drivers
- Ensured correct allocation of resources to meet delivery schedules
- Maintained operational performance according to set KPIs and budgetary requirements
- Liaised with Government and regulatory bodies to ensure that compliance and regulatory standards were up-to-date
- Created a more streamlined and compliant recording and reporting system for HVAS and OHS&E
- Developed a more efficient delivery system and introduced KPIs into the workplace
Operations Manager, KS Freighters
- Managed all operations performed by the Sydney branch involving the transport of freight by rail, road and sea
- Supervised the import and export of freight for full container loads and bulk cargo
- Directed the storage and distribution of products for major clients
- Managed employee hiring, training and development
- Adhered to legislative and company requirements for OH&S, including the transport and storage of dangerous and hazardous substances
- Liaised with clients, which involved contract negotiations and providing quotes
- Maintained financial and operational KPIs, acted as an internal auditor with relation to quality procedures and adjusted processes as required
- Achieved above targeted budgets in all operations of the Sydney branch
- Substantially increased employee attendance and retention rates
- Raised workplace safety levels, particularly in relation to fuel and other dangerous goods
Education and Professional Development
Ongoing professional development through courses in OH&S and workplace training:
2011 – Diploma of Frontline Management
2008 – Apply, Administer and Implement Fatigue Management Strategies
2004 – Diploma of Education and Training
2002 – Diploma of OH&S
2001 – Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
2000 – Certificate of Quality Auditing
Available upon request.
Need to get your Career ship-shape?
Then a Career Coach is a great place to start.
Kathy Keshemberg has assisted job seekers and career changers successfully achieve their g...
Hayden is the founder of Australia's top rated Resume & Cover Letter writing service, ...
Interview Winning Professional Resumes | Cover Letters | Selection Criteria | Government A...