Get started on a career with high demand for qualified candidates in youth work, juvenile justice or child protection with this Diploma of Child, Youth and Family Intervention (CHC50313) from BCA National Training Group.
Perfect for compassionate and capable individuals, you’ll make a real impact on the emotional wellbeing and living circumstances of families at risk. You’ll learn how to best support children and families through personal difficulties, achieving better outcomes for everyone and building healthier family relationships.
Through the course you’ll learn crucial skills needed to work in child protection and family intervention roles, including how to work with clients, complete child risk assessment and case management strategies, respond to critical situations and coordinate multi-agency investigations when required.
As part of your studies, you’ll be required to do work placement, giving you 200 hours of real-world experience. Start your career confidently with an in-depth understanding of the child protection and family support landscape or use this course as a stepping stone on the path towards a Bachelor of Social Work or a Bachelor of Human Services at university.
There are no prerequisites for this course - anyone can apply!
What You’ll Learn
In this youth work course, subjects you may study include:
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCPRT010 Work with children and young people with complex trauma and attachment issues and needs
- CHCCSM005 Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCPRT006 Build a professional practice and sectoral expertise
- CHCDEV003 Analyse client information for service planning and delivery
- CHCCCS016 Respond to client needs
- CHCPRT004 Work effectively in child protection to support children, young people and families
- CHCCCS004 Assess co-existing needs
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCDFV001 Recognise and respond appropriately to domestic and family violence
- CHCPRT012 Undertake and implement planning with at-risk children
- CHCCOM003 Develop workplace communications strategies
- CHCMHS001 Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCCSL002 Apply specialist interpersonal and counselling interview skills
- CHCFAM002 Work with a child-focused approach
Why study with BCA National Training Group?
Community services, education, leadership, business, marketing and more – BCA National Training Group offer recognised courses in it all! Get accredited by BCA and enjoy an award-winning education experience that’s led by trainers who 94% of students have stated as “excellent”.
Whether you’re new to tertiary education or looking to upskill, their range of quality courses have been designed to help you reach your career or educational goals, and will equip you with the confidence and skills to succeed!
So, why should you study with BCA National Training Group? BCA is all about getting you on the path to success and will support you every step of the way. All students have access to a professional learning support team which includes a dedicated Training Coordinator to help manage problems and overcome obstacles; as well as an expert Trainer & Assessor and a Training Officer available both during and outside of typical class hours.