A limitless global industry and a rewarding new career are on the other side of this exciting Bachelor of Business in Hotel Management from The Hotel School.
With a strong focus on the theoretical business approaches that underscore successful hotel management, this course will equip you with the foundation knowledge required to work in strategic management and supervisory positions in the hotel, tourism and business management industries.
You’ll have the opportunity to undertake internship and work-integrated learning opportunities over the course of your studies, allowing you to build relevant, real-world skills, develop your communication and teamwork skills, and build vial work experience to start your hospitality career a step ahead.
With a focus on sustainability and future-focused tourism practises, this course promotes best tourism practises and ensures students are equipped to work in a range of roles in a dynamic, competitive and exciting industry.
If you’re seeking a career with new opportunities and the chance to work on the global stage, consider studying this Bachelor of Business in Hotel Management.
The Hotel School Bachelor: Shelly Yuen from Hong Kong
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Completion of Australian school year 12 or international equivalent; OR
- Relevant work experience.
English language proficiency to academic IELTS 6.0 with no band below 5.5 is also required.
What You’ll Learn
In this business course, the subjects you may study include:
- Facility and risk management for hospitality operations
- Competitive strategy
- Introduction to business law
- Research for business and tourism
- Hospitality and tourism financial management
- Accounting for business
- Hospitality: History, politics and culture
- The sustainable hotel environment
- The human resource management expert practitioner
- Tourism theories and practices
- Marketing principles
- Accommodation operations
- Introduction to professional practice
- Communication in organisations
- Hospitality services management
- Food and beverage operations
- Managing organisations
- Revenue and yield management for tourism & hospitality
- Production management for conventions and events
- Festival and special events planning
- Tourism and hospitality sales and promotion
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Professional hospitality experience internship
Why study with The Hotel School?
Get qualified with The Hotel School and gain the skills, knowledge and insight to succeed in the hospitality and tourism industry!
Since it’s beginning in 1989, The Hotel School has built close relationships with a range of leading local and international hospitality and tourism organisations, including the InterContinental, Marriott, Sofitel and more.
Learn from experienced educators, gain great industry exposure and enjoy a premier learning experience developed in partnership with Southern Cross University. Join the ranks of some of Australia’s best talent in hospitality when you study with The Hotel School!
Whether you're after a place to stay while studying, counselling services, expert career advice or even medical assistance, students of Southern Cross University will get the right support, services and assistance that help make their learning journey as enjoyable and stress-free as possible.