The Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) (CPC40110), offered by Builders Academy Australia, is the first step towards achieving a successful career by progressing to supervisory and management roles or even starting your own building business.
Whether you’re already somewhat experienced in the building and construction industry, or you’re just starting out, this Certificate IV is the ideal option. Throughout this flexible course, you’ll learn how to plan, prepare and manage residential construction sites, and become confident in your knowledge of the industry’s principles, techniques and regulations.
By the time you graduate, you’ll be well-versed in everything from the ins and outs of running a business to the processes involved in selecting contractors and overseeing building projects from start to finish. Then you’re free to put your new skills to use in whichever career path you choose.
Learn how to start your own building business with the Certificate IV in Building & Construction (CPC40110).
This course runs in two separate streams: one for people with three or more years of industry experience, and one for people with less than three years of experience.
What You’ll Learn
In this building & construction course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBSMB406A - Manage small business finances
- CPCCBC4001A - Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low
rise building projects
- CPCCBC4002A - Manage occupational health and safety in the building and construction
- CPCCBC4003A - Select and prepare a construction contract
- CPCCBC4004A - Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4005A - Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
- CPCCBC4006B - Select, procure and store construction materials for low rise projects
- CPCCBC4007A - Plan building or construction work
- CPCCBC4008B - Conduct on-site supervision of building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4009B - Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4010B - Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4011B - Apply structural principles to commercial low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4012B - Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCBC4020A - Build thermally efficient and sustainable structures
- BSBMGT517 - Manage operational plan
- BSBSMB404A - Undertake small business planning
Why study with Builders Academy Australia?
When it comes to receiving a top-notch learning experience, look no further than the construction experts at Builders Academy Australia (BAA). With a reputation for ‘turning tradies into legends’, you can trust Builders Academy Australia to equip you with the right technical and theoretical skills to succeed on any job site.
Each of their nationally accredited courses in building and construction, plumbing and more, are led by qualified trainers who will share their real-world insights with you.
BAA is part of Simonds Homes, one of Australia’s largest homebuilders, which means that students will have the opportunity to develop strong ties with industry professionals and start building their dream career – literally!
Builders Academy Australia (BAA) is all about ensuring their students get a positive learning experience! BAA’s student welfare and support services include academic support, non-academic support and additional support to special needs students.
BAA has a dedicated Student Welfare Coordinator part of their team, who will regularly touch base with each trainer to identify any students with special needs or may require welfare support.
After extra study support? Turn BAA’s friendly training managers, senior trainers or assessors who will guide you through your learning journey.