Study for a career that hinges on your passion for performance. This Bachelor of Dance Practice from the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) helps you develop skills to pursue a career in dance both as an artform and as an industry.
The course combines practical and theoretical learning in the discipline of dance with the creativity of performance. You’ll develop a deeper understanding of the history of dance and dance styles, composition and performance, teaching skills and dance as exercise.
Get your start in the ever-evolving and rapidly changing world of dance with a qualification that gives you a solid foundation as a teacher, performer and promoter of dance in the community. This industry-recognised degree allows for flexibility in your career that will help you adapt to developments in this dynamic industry.
This course offers a blended learning experience, so you can enjoy their host of awesome facilities on campus in Sydney Olympic Park, as well as study a few modules at your own pace, online.
Study dance at ACPE
To study this course, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum HSC average of 60 or equivalent; OR
- A qualification from a recognised higher education provider; OR
- An Associate Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from TAFE or another VET provider; OR
- 1 year full-time or equivalent in a degree course at an Australian University; OR
- Satisfy entry requirements specified by ACPE board; OR
- A recognised overseas qualification with demonstrated proficiency in English; OR
- Demonstration of good selection prospects for admission if ineligible for admission based on academic achievement.
Alternate entry pathways may be available for applicants who do not meet any of the above criteria. Enquire now to find out more.
What You’ll Learn
In this dance course, subjects you may study include:
- Foundations of Dance
- Dance Composition
- Understanding Health
- Skill Acquisition
- Dance History
- Dance Production
- Popular Dance Styles
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy and Physiology
- Classical Dance Styles
- Functional Anatomy
- Professional Integrity
- Introduction to Sports Business
- Dance and Somatics
- Dance and Technology
- Exercise & Social Development through the Lifespan
- Building Professional Relationships
- Dance Composition II
- Teaching Skills: Dance Studio
- Dance Promotion
- Dance & Health (WIL)
- Dance Performance
- Dance & Communities
- Introduction to Performance and Exercise Psychology
- Event and Project Management
Why study with Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations:
- New South Wales: Sydney Olympic Park