Enter or advance your career in the mortgage broking industry with a Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management (FNS50315) from Mentor Education.
Gain the knowledge and skills to provide both retail and business clients with professional advice on loans to suit their individual requirements. Whether you are looking to start out in the finance industry, gain formal qualifications or upgrade from a Certificate IV qualification this course will equip you to meet the challenges of being a successful finance and mortgage broker.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however, it is strongly recommended that applicants have a strong grasp of literacy and numeracy.
Students may wish to undertake the completion of the Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking (FNS40815) qualification prior to completing the ‘Diploma Upgrade’ component of this course as a scaffolded, two-step process.
What You’ll Learn
In this finance course, the subjects you will study include:
- BSBRSK401 - Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- FNSCUS501 - Develop and nurture relationships with clients, other professionals and third-party referrers
- FNSFMB401 - Prepare loan application on behalf of finance or mortgage broking clients
- FNSFMB402 - Identify client needs for broking services
- FNSFMB403 - Present broking options to client
- FNSFMB502 - Identify and develop broking options for client s with complex needs
- FNSFMB503 - Present broking options to client with complex needs
- FNSFMB504 - Implement complex loan structures
- FNSFMK505 - Comply with financial services legislation and industry codes of practice
- FNSINC401 - Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- BSBMGT502 - Manage people performance
- BSBMGT517 - Manage operational plan
- FNSFMB501 - Settle applications and loan arrangements in the finance and mortgage broking industry
- FNSRSK602 - Determine and manage risk exposure strategies
- BSBWOR501 - Manage personal work priorities and professional development
Why study with Mentor Education?
Mentor Education is one of Australia’s leading RG146 compliance training providers for the financial services industry. By specialising exclusively in this field of training, Mentor is able to focus on delivering professional development courses of the highest quality. Thanks to their flexible delivery options, you can complete a nationally recognised qualification in financial planning entirely online, and without disrupting your career. Take advantage of Mentor Education’s long-standing industry reputation and commitment to ongoing professional development by enquiring about a course today.
As a student of Mentor Education, you’ll receive access to an experienced financial adviser Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm by telephone and email, so you’re always assured of timely feedback and assistance.
Students of this program will also benefit from complementary inclusion of Mentor Education’s Career Pathway Program. This comprehensive suite of career-building tools includes a 12-month professional development subscription, association membership and regular updates on industry news and events.