Projects are a key part of every business – and every project needs a great project manager. If you think you’ve got what it takes to lead teams and deliver outcomes, the Diploma of Project Management (BSB51415) from the Australian Institute of Management is the course for you.
Guided by the best practice principles outlined in the Project Management Body of Knowledge, and endorsed by the Australian Institute of Project Management, this course is an essential step on the career path of every budding project manager. Over 12 months of study, you’ll cover all the key aspects of the project management process. You’ll learn how to manage everything from scope, time, cost and quality to human resources, information, communication and risk. You’ll also delve into procurement processes, governance and stakeholder engagement, and discover how to facilitate continuous improvement in every project you oversee.
AIM offers maximum flexibility to its students, with two study modes on offer for this course: 100% online delivery, with self-paced modules and online support, or blended delivery, with a combination of five days of on-campus workshops and additional self-directed study. So what are you waiting for? Choose the option that best suits you and kickstart your project management career today!
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age at time of enrolment; AND
- Have an education level of Year 12 (or equivalent) or Certificate IV; OR
- Meet the requirements in the admissions checklist; AND
- Experience in the business work environment and access to a workplace; AND
- Technological literacy; AND
- Proficient in English; OR
- If English is not your first language, receive a satisfactory assessment in core LLN skills assessment.
What You’ll Learn
In this project management course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBPMG511 - Manage project scope
- BSBPMG512 - Manage project time
- BSBPMG513 - Manage project quality
- BSBPMG514 - Manage project cost
- BSBPMG515 - Manage project human resources
- BSBPMG516 - Manage project information and communication
- BSBPMG517 - Manage project risk
- BSBPMG521 - Manage project integration
- BSBPMG518 - Manage project procurement
- BSBPMG519 - Manage project stakeholder engagement
- BSBPMG520 - Manage project governance
- BSBMGT516 - Facilitate continuous improvement
Why study with Australian Institute of Management Education and Training?
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (RTO code 0049) (AIMET) is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: